Excellence at the highest level
Crossfit ECX Owner and Coach. One of SA’s most decorated fitness athletes powered by Biogen, who has excelled at the highest level in a variety of sporting disciplines, including CrossFit, Martial Arts and most prominently; Weightlifting. “I have been working with young athletes for the last 11 years and representing South Africa for the last 17 years in a few sports. I started my weightlifting career at the age of 12 and it has opened many doors for me from sport to life as well as university. I am a qualified B-Psych Sport Psychology and mental skills coach, Weightlifting and CrossFit Coach”.
Mona has been a 3 x world champion in karate, a CrossFit games athlete as well as an Olympic weightlifter competing internationally for the last 16 years. Mona has competed at 3 Commonwealth Games, world champs and held the youth commonwealth record. “I think I can safely say weight training is in my blood as I got the passion from my Dad, who started me at age 12 in order to increase my speed and explosive power. Later on I started coaching young athletes and teaching youngsters what I have learnt from years of experience with some of the top international coaches in the world.”
Over the years, Mona’s impressive resume includes some of the below incredible achievements:
• 2015 Squad for All African Games Olympic Weightlifting
• 2015 1st Place African Open CrossFit Champs
• Commonwealth youth Games 1st ever South African to break a commonwealth record .
• First south African in the history of weightlifting to win a medal (2nd place) at a world championships
• Commonwealth youth. Junior and senior gold medalist,
• SA senior and junior record holder (56 records),
• 3rd Dan karate black belt with 6 karate world titles.
• 4 time-finalist for EC sports person of the year, Home grown hero awards finalist, NMMU sports person of the year
• 1st Place 2011 African Crossfit champion and represented Africa at the Crossfit world champs.
• 2013 Fittest in Cape town Champion, • 2013 African CrossFit Open Champion
• 2013 3rd place at African regionals
• 1st at SA weightlifting championships June 2013
• Commonwealth games and Road to Rio squad member
• 4th at Commonwealth Champs Malaysia 2013 (Broke 2 SA senior Records)
• 3rd place Fittest In Cape Town 2014 CrossFit
• Commonwealth Games 2014 Scotland
• 1st Place 2014 SA Champs Weightlifting
• 3 New SA Records Snatch 85kg Clean and Jerk 105kg Total 190kg
• January 2015 Fittest in SA Title
• SA Champs Gold medal Olympic Weightlifting