Recipe by Lelani Loots
Put a healthier spin on these sinful snacks to turn no-go doughnuts into a diet-friendly protein-packed treat.
For the batter
– ¼ cup coconut flour
– 2 egg whites
– 1 scoop Biogen ISO-Whey Premium Protein, chocolate brownie flavour
– 120g pumpkin, boiled and well drained
– 2 tbsp baking powder
Did you know: Coconut flour is a rich source of fibre, protein and healthy fats. It is an ideal replacement to refined flour as it does not contain any wheat or grains. It also has a low GI.
Biogen ISO-Whey Premium Protein contains a Tri-Matrix protein blend that includes whey protein hydrolysate, isolate and concentrate for optimal absorption and bioavailability – that means the amino acids get absorbed and get to work quicker to aid muscle repair, growth and recovery.
- Pre-heat doughnut maker.
- Combine all batter ingredients and mix until you achieve a smooth texture.
- Pour batter into doughnut maker and cook until risen and golden.
- Once cooked, place doughnuts on a tray to cool.
- Combine all glaze ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Dip doughnuts into icing to coat one side.
- Sprinkle with Biogen Night Feed Bar crumbs
The Biogen Night Feed Casein Protein Bar is a delicious, protein-packed bar that contains a precise blend of high biological value and slower digesting proteins. It provides 20g of protein and only 1.6g of impact carbs.