When smoothies are made slightly thicker and served in a bowl, they become a complete meal.
Adding a few extra healthful ingredients, like Biogen’s Plant Based Protein will add to the taste and texture profile and give your smoothie bowl a protein boost to aid recovery and muscle repair.
While the flavour and ingredients combinations are endless, this banana nut smoothie bowl is a tasty place to start!
– 2 bananas, frozen
– 1 cup almond milk
– 2 scoops Biogen Plant Based Protein powder, Vanilla Ice Cream flavour
– ¼ cup rolled oats
– 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
– ½ cup ice cubes
Biogen Plant Based Protein is an excellent protein source for athletes and individuals following a vegan, vegetarian or dairy-free lifestyle. The formulation contains rice and pea protein and provides a complete amino acid profile.
– ½ banana, sliced
– 1 tbsp almonds, sliced
– 1 tbsp cacao nibs
– 1 tbsp chia seeds
Rolled oats are a healthier alternative to processed instant oats as they have a lower GI and are also more nutrient dense, containing thiamine, iron, dietary fibre and the antioxidant avenanthramides.
- Add all ingredients together in a high-speed blender.
- Blend until you achieve the desired consistency – if the mixture thickens, add extra water or almond milk. If it thins out, blend in a few ice cubes, or add some extra plant protein powder.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and dress with the toppings.
- Serve and savour every mouthful.
Biogen Plant Based Protein is free from gluten, dairy, and lactose making it easily digestible, especially with the added bamboo fibre to aid digestion.